Mark L. Hayes
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Defense
- Farm and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Business Formation and Litigation
- Wills and Estates
- Banking Law
Mark Hayes has been in practice since 1982. His practice includes both insurance defense and plaintiff’s injury cases, farm and commercial real estate transactions, business formation and litigation, wills and estates and banking law. Mark is also a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 listed mediator and provides mediation services across West Tennessee. He is the city attorney for the towns of Tiptonville and Ridgely.
A native of Tiptonville, Tennessee, Mark went to Lake County High School, graduated from the University of Tennessee at Martin with a B.S. in Municipal Management and Public Administration, and attended the University of Tennessee at Knoxville College of Law.
Mark and his family are members of Dyersburg First United Methodist Church, and Mark is active in Rotary. Mark received Rotary International’s highest global service award, the Service Above Self award, in 2015, for his ongoing work in Honduras providing electricity and clean water to rural communities there. Mark is a member of the Tennessee Bar Foundation and has served as chair of the Board of Trustees. He is a past board member of the Board of Professional Responsibility. Mark is a frequent presenter at continuing education seminars.
Mark is married to Kelli and they have four children. Mark enjoys woodworking, gardening, and tennis.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- University of Tennessee at Martin, Martin, TN
- Tennessee, 1982
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2004
- Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility, Member, 1999 to 2005
- Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed Mediator, General Civil (1997), Family Law (1999)
- Assistant District Attorney General, 29th Judicial District, 1997 to 1998
- Fellow, Tennessee Bar Foundation, 2008
- Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity, Present